Help Wiring Fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCBrewer

Reaction score
I need help wiring this fan

It is italian made, says 115V 0.58A output 9W

Here is a pic
0327121006.jpg

do I just need a inverter to match the amperage or will the same wattage but lower amperage work, just not spin it as fast? I'd like to be able to right a fan control into it and a safety so that when the door opens the fan stops.

"Inverter"? It wants to be wired to a 115VAC source - like from a USA wall socket. If you want you could wire the black (hot) wire through a dimmer switch to have some control over the speed.

Cheers!

it's rated at 115V 60Hz which means you could theoretically just wire it up with Lamp cord and plug it into an outlet. :)

Post a picture of the terminals or pigtails ( wires hanging off the fan.) what is the original purpose of the fan?

Fans were from the original components of the freezer, seems they all failed..... original connectors were black I thought they may be able to be salvaged... but nope!

off to get one of those small personal desk fans for $5 from walmart or perhaps a computer fan from altex

ended up picking up a 6in 2 speed fan from wallyworld.

from 80F to 58F took 1-1/2HR, fan was working good.

I will splice it in eventually.

Back