Help needed plumbing my seltzer keezer project (evabarrier to large barb fitting question)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenRob

Reaction score
Anyone have advice on connecting 9.5mm OD/6mm ID evabarrier tube to a 9.5mm barb? Or a place to get a smaller barb fitting for my pressure pump? None of the vendors are returning my emails or answering their phones.

Pics of the pump and barbs below.

E28D9F18-3FFF-4BC2-BD79-09A7AD335803.jpeg
1BF908E7-BC86-4180-9B2C-443276124D6A.jpeg

9.5mm is near 'nuff 3/8", and I was able to get 5mm EVABarrier tubing over the 3/8" barb on my Micromatic nitro reg.
It took a heat gun, swaging tool, and patience. 6mm ID should be easier but likely still some work...

Cheers!

9.5mm is near 'nuff 3/8", and I was able to get 5mm EVABarrier tubing over the 3/8" barb on my Micromatic nitro reg.
It took a heat gun, swaging tool, and patience. 6mm ID should be easier but likely still some work...

Cheers!

I’m pretty new to keezer plumbing. I have a heat gun and patience, can you point me at a suitable seating tool for this use?

Ok I am ignorant. What is that pump used for?
The pump is to increase the water pressure going into the carbonating keg. The pressure coming out of the RO system is lower than I need according to the kegland carbonator lid instructions. I’m planning on setting the co2 pressure around 30-40, and the water pressure needs to be 10-20 above that. The water pressure is only in the high 20s to low 30s, thus the booster pump to dial in the right pressure.

You should be putting that booster pump in FRONT of the RO membrane. It will increase your RO production rate, lower the output TDS and reduce your waste water ratio. You'll still get higher pressure on the output that you need.

You should be putting that booster pump in FRONT of the RO membrane. It will increase your RO production rate, lower the output TDS and reduce your waste water ratio. You'll still get higher pressure on the output that you need.
My water filter design engineer and manufacturer disagrees with this recommendation. The RO spec says 40-60 psi input water pressure. I’m at the high end of this range already. Despite this there is a pressure drop across the RO system.

I have a 20 gallon pressure tank in place now after the RO system. I amgoing to see what the max pressure of the tank is and put the pump between the RO system and the tank? Or after the tank since I should have adequate flow (and a buffer tank on the pump) to keep the line pressure up. Either way, it seems I need the pump after the RO.

In fact I have a 5 gallon pressure tank as well as the 20 gallon tank. I’ll probably pot the system as: RO -> 5 gal tank -> pressure pump -> 20 gallon tank. This should be overkill, but I have all the parts, and the space.

Latest posts

Back