HELP!! Need sound advice ASAP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchMafia

Reaction score
Ok i will try my best to explain the major problem at hand.. I just recently brewed up my first batch of beer it was an Amber Ale and everything went fine with the brewing process, and the fermenting, and even the bottling went fine. I bottled it up into 22 oz bottles and conditioned and popped them in the fridge and all seemed well, or so i thought... This past Saturday we had a small dinner party and grilled up some absolutley beautiful beef tenderloins from the local butcher and I busted out the homebrew. It was a big hit! Too big they were sucking them down like they were going out of style and now I am only left with about 8 of the original 28 bottles, and everyone was raving at how awesome they were. Now they all want to come back over and drink all of my precious homebrew!! I have plenty of beer in the pipeline but i need a recipe for a terrible tasting beer so they will not want to drink it all. Maybe i will just re bottle some natural light and tell them that it is my latest batch. So i guess in the realm of things it is not a bad problem to have but I thought maybe so people would get a kick out of my epic "problem" :tank:

I had a similar problem which is why I moved up to 10 gal batches. Makes it last longer.

beerloaf

I had a similar problem which is why I moved up to 10 gal batches. Makes it last longer.

beerloaf

Yeah, that was going to be my suggestion...Make bigger batches!

Oh, and kegging takes a lot of the work out of it, so it isn't so painful to watch others drink your beer.

two words:
PBR Clone

a) If they like it, you'll be regent of the hipsters.
b) If they don't like it, your problem is solved.
c) If they drink it all, it was a cheap brew.

LOL, I told my friends that I started kegging so they'd stop drinking it all.

Their response: "Well we'll just come over there and drink it".

Son of a....

Yeah, that was going to be my suggestion...Make bigger batches!

Oh, and kegging takes a lot of the work out of it, so it isn't so painful to watch others drink your beer.

Yeah except for that part where every pull they take of that handle is 1 less pull for you. :tank:

Bwahaha!
Welcome to the wonderful world of home brewing!

Brew up a batch of some wicked Jalapeno pepper beer and see how they like that:ban:

Try raunch malt it puts off a nasty bacon flavor if use more than 5% of malt bill it will be strong

Back