Help me find beer in NYC!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewtastic

Reaction score
So next week I'm headed to NYC for three days for work. What is the best bottle shop in the city? I'm hoping to pick up things that never see their way to Texas... mostly Belgians and Sours... so Cantillon, JP, Fantome etc... Someone please point me in the right direction! I'll be staying in Time's Square, so somewhere within reasonable walking distance is preferable.

Times Square is a wasteland, I'm afraid to say. There are a few good bars within walking distance that I know of (Rattle N' Hum, Gingerman, Beer Authority) but I'm not aware of any good bottle shops there. Do yourself a favor and take the F train down to the 2nd Ave stop. First, hit up the Whole Foods Beer Room at the corner of Houston and Chrystie. Then, walk down Chrystie Street along the park 2 blocks until you get to New Beer Distributors. Probably the best bottle shop in the entire city — very good prices, huge selection, and lots of rarities. After that, you can even walk over a few blocks east to Top Hops Beer Shop, which just opened.

Bad news though, I doubt you'll find any Cantillon (and if you do, please let me know?) Cantillon only seems to hit the shelves in extremely limited quantities a few times a year, and it's usually gone within hours.

Times Square is a wasteland, I'm afraid to say. There are a few good bars within walking distance that I know of (Rattle N' Hum, Gingerman, Beer Authority) but I'm not aware of any good bottle shops there. Do yourself a favor and take the F train down to the 2nd Ave stop. First, hit up the Whole Foods Beer Room at the corner of Houston and Chrystie. Then, walk down Chrystie Street along the park 2 blocks until you get to New Beer Distributors. Probably the best bottle shop in the entire city — very good prices, huge selection, and lots of rarities. After that, you can even walk over a few blocks east to Top Hops Beer Shop, which just opened.

Bad news though, I doubt you'll find any Cantillon (and if you do, please let me know?) Cantillon only seems to hit the shelves in extremely limited quantities a few times a year, and it's usually gone within hours.

I'll definitely let you know if I come across some Cantillon. I had a feeling that Time Square wouldn't be much more than a tourist trap, but that's where they put me up. And that's also why I asked for the best places to. Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it.

Back