Help in calculations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i did it this is it 1 kilo honey + 3 litres of water + 10 gram yeast + 10 gram of boiled yeast

Attachments

• IMG_20180328_201255.jpg
    IMG_20180328_201255.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
I was born in the US, my mother and her family were from Jayrud (I think) we were mountain people. My great grandfather was so far up in the mountains he waited three days for the sun to rise.

I was born in the US, my mother and her family were from Jayrud (I think) we were mountain people. My great grandfather was so far up in the mountains he waited three days for the sun to rise.
So do u make mead? Can u help ? I made my first batch today

Mead is something I have never made. I am planning to make some by the end of the year. Beer and cider is my preferred drink.

Oh its my first time in fermenting anything but because i cant buy mead here cause there is none i decided to do it

Here is a recipe that I am going to try ( metric):

Joe’s Ancient Orange Mead

INGREDIENTS (for 3.8 L)

Honey and Fruit (for an OG of 1.112)
1.6 kg clover honey
1 large orange
25 raisins
Spices
1 stick cinnamon
1 whole clove
1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
1 pinch all-spice (optional)
Yeast (for an FG of 1.130 and 11% ABV)
bread yeast use 1 tsp.

PROCEDURE
Sanitize a 3.8-L jug, preferably with a wide mouth. Pour honey into jug. Wash orange, cut into eighths and place pieces (zest, rind, fruit, everything) in jug. Add spices and fill jug, leaving 8 cm of headspace. Put cap on jug and shake. Remove cap and 1 tsp. of bread yeast. Swirl the jug to mix in the yeast and put on an airlock. Keep in a cool place at room temperature (anything 21–27 °C is fine). After a few days of fermentation, when the mixture stops foaming. Add water to top the jug up. Let sit for 2 months. Don’t rack the mead, feed the yeast or do anything during this period. Once the mead falls clear, it is ready. Bottle — without adding corn sugar for carbonation, as you would in a beer — and enjoy.

Damn that is too much for me hahaha all i did is 1 kilo honey + 3 litres of water + 10 gram of bread yeast and 10 gram of boiled bread yeast i mixed it all together and closed the jar the co2 is going out of the airlock but there is no more foam but still dumping gas i dont really know what this means

It’s the same as “We live so far out in the country they have to pipe the sun in to us.”

Latest posts

Back