Help in building 3 tier system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rginsburg

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just moved cross country and starting my new brew build from scratch. My idea is a three tie, gravity fed brewing system with one burner I can move from the top to the brew kettle. I don't have a ton of money to spend and really like doing DIY/re use projects so any ideas you have would be great. I've seen some setups with carts and shelved from home depot as well as buying partially built systems using pallets. Any pictures or suggestions would be great!

When I built my stand I looked at this thread.

A few pointers...

Keep each level as low as feasible, but leave some room for growth.

The kettle burner can be on the ground or on a platform. I went with the platform to keep everything together and be more mobile.

If you lack the budget or skills to weld something out of metal then wood is probably the best way to go.

I'd recommend building something from scratch as much as possible to get the dimensions that you want.... but who knows there may be something prebuilt that will be a good place to start.

Another design goal that I had was the space it would take when not in use. My system lives in the garage and doesn't get in the way of parking the cars.

My stand was originally built with $50 in wood.
This is what my stand has evolved into:
2016-01-07-16-46-25.jpg

And technically is only two tier instead of three... I think if I used a round mash tun (with or without direct fire) it would have to be three (or else use a pump).

Can you explain a little bit how yours works? I'm a bit confused with the mash tun up top and brew kettle on bottom? are you using pumps? @Timdogg

@CaptKiRkLeS Can your run me through yours too? both look pretty sick, tryna combine a bit of both im thinking

All gravity system top cooler is 170deg sparge water, middle cooler is my mash tun with false bottom just had to use a different cooler due to the height of my ceiling. This is about as simple as you can get for a all grain system works well for me. Any questions please ask!!

Back