Help First Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foley178

Reaction score
No head in my beer and low carb. Followed all the rules from two week fermentation to two weeks bottled. And it was 72 hr fridged any advice

Let it continue to condition at room temp for another week then try one. If still not what you think it should be repeat process. Welcome to the obsession.

Thanks! Just stressing out. Do you think shaking the bottles up will help carb?

I waited three weeks on my first batch. I'd pick up the case the bottles were in and gently rock it back and forth to keep the yeast awake...or at least that's what I imagined. I sampled at two weeks and had decent carb. Never developed much of a head. Tasted markedly better after three weeks in the bottle.

So many variables. Some yeasts undoubtedly work slower, different beers have different levels of carb, etc. Drink it and try again.

I had a beer that appeared all but flat after 2 weeks. At about 3.5 weeks, it was magically fully carbed, and now pours with a nice full head.

Have some patience, wait another 4-7 days, and try another one.

yep, I've had some batches that just don't turn out right...it helps to learn from the mistakes, but don't try to turn back time and fix them.
just learn from it and move on to your next batch!!: P
that way if this doesn't carb, you've got another beer in the pipeline, and if it does then you've got extra beer!!! time for a party!!!

No head in my beer and low carb. Followed all the rules from two week fermentation to two weeks bottled. And it was 72 hr fridged any advice
Don't worry, relax. After a week try another one. Keep them stored at around 70 and put the one your going to try in the fridge at least a couple of hours and preferably overnight before you pour it into your glass.
Co2 gets absorbed into solution at colder temps.

Back