Help finding a past Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAYERSONLY

Reaction score
Hey fellow brewers I'm looking to find a thread for a keezer build I saw. I'm not sure of the date on the thread, it could be really old? Pretty sure it was on here as this is where I turn 1st for ideas. I thought I had saved it but ??

One thing I remember that may stand out is that the builder put uncrushed grains on the top and sealed them in with the pourable clear coat. This keezer also had shelving on each side of it. One side had room to store his 20lb CO2 and the other was for glasses and such.
I bought a new in the box Frigidaire freezer 7.2 cu. ft. for $150.00 and I wanna get started building this during the holiday break from work.

Thanks for any help given.

I've seen quite a few people encapsulate grains on their keezer top (a google search can find you those), but there's only one that I recall seeing that incorporates both shelving for glasses/etc as well as a spot for a CO2 tank, and that's this album on imgur (however there are no grains involved).

I've seen quite a few people encapsulate grains on their keezer top (a google search can find you those), but there's only one that I recall seeing that incorporates both shelving for glasses/etc as well as a spot for a CO2 tank, and that's this album on imgur (however there are no grains involved).

The keezer in this link is beautiful and a really good thread of build pics. I'm thinking I will incorporate a little of both these keezers for mine.
Thanks for the link.
This site kills it everytime!

Be careful if you build something like this. Chest freezers need to dissipate heat through their outer skin. By sealing it up in wood like that, you give the heat nowhere to go and you will end up with a dead freezer much faster.

If you do skin it like this, leave an air gap and consider adding some cooling fans/vents somehow.

Back