Help...CO2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePT

Reaction score
So I just went and got this regulator and I am obviously not very mechanically inclined: http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=1423

It is at like 100+ PSI and I am not sure how to turn it down to 30 PSI, I am a little hesitant to mess around with it when I dont know what I am doing cause I dont want to mess up my beer, corny keg, ect, hitting it with 100 PSI (I think that would take the "forced carbonation" a little over board!!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Is it hooked up right?

You need to completely CLOSE the regulator first via the screw on the front (no gas flows thru it), then you connect it to the CO2 cylinder. Then you open the cylinder valve, and that should make the high pressure gauge read about 1000psi at room temperature.

The dial on the front of the regulator (yours needs a screwdriver...mine has an actual knob) is then how you allow the reg to let gas flow out, which is the 1-100psi gauge reading.

Back