Help choosing a Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got word from Glacier that the correct $20 reducer will be shipped once they get notice that I have shipped the incorrect one back. I am honestly insulted that I can't be trusted to send back a part with a $20 retail.

Got word from Glacier that the correct $20 reducer will be shipped once they get notice that I have shipped the incorrect one back. I am honestly insulted that I can't be trusted to send back a part with a $20 retail.

Yeah that's a bad way to do business, you can't punish people for your own mixups. And especially don't sour a $2k sale over $10 part. If they want it back they could send you a prepaid UPS label to slap on a box.

^^^Agreed. Spike once forgot to include something in my order. They like next-day shipped that thing. I mean I was totally fine with them sending it when they had a chance, but they were super receptive to it. Same thing with Bobby M. Both vendors I'll keep buying from.

Glacier did send a prepaid label via email just the whole thing of me needing to send this part back first that torqued my nuts , If it was $100+ I would understand.

But hey Ive got an entire lifetime to enjoy this tank

Few pics of the welds.

co14.jpg

co15.jpg

co16.jpg

co17.jpg

co18.jpg

second brew day with the new conical coming up, I'm very impressed with how easy this thing is to clean, First spray ball, hats off to the inventor of that gadget.

All the various ports are very well laid out. Welds are all clean and all the fittings are straight, no welding distortion.

Only thing missing in the short term is casters .

since someone recently liked something I posted above in this thread I figured I would update it.. I have started a brewpub in the last year and ordered a lot of equipment direct from manufacturers that I could normally buy from big reseller vendors stateside and I want to mention there IS a large savings, even with customs and shipping fees your still often looking at about 30% saving sometimes more. For example I most recently purchased dual zone jacketed 3.5 bbl unitanks for 3k each shipping is another 2k for all three and customer fees and tariffs should tack on another 1500 all together about 12,800 for the three...
If I buy them stateside im looking at over 15,000 for the same conicals with shipping and the wait time is longer. when I bought my kettles the savings were greater.

BTW the manufacturer of my equipment is the same as the brands of equipment heavily discussed in this thread

Back