Help! Broken regulator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnrulyGentleman

Reaction score
The red knob on this dual gauge regulator is just spinning freely when I try to turn it (like a stripped screw head) and not sure what my next move is. It's the cheapest part of the regulator, so I'd hate to have to buy a brand new one because of it, but didn't want to try and pry it off for fear of compromising it. Any ideas?

image.jpg

No leaking. It actually just popped off as I was fiddling and doesn't appear to be worn at all, but it's definitely not catching when it's on. I can use an Allen wrench without a problem near as I can tell, unless someone can tell me a good reason not to.

image.jpg

The only reason for that red piece is to adjust the valve, just as an allen wrench would do. If u have no problems just using that, I wouldn't worry replacing anything. Just keep an eye over the next few days to make sure nothing leaks but i really doubt it will.

That's the plan then. Weird how it just stopped working, i thought it was of a little better quality than to just go all spin-o-rama on me, but allen wrench from here on out then. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back