Hello from southern Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tick_daddy

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are brand spanking new to homebrewing as of last month. We just slammed an Amber Ale with 60oz. of pumpkin into primary last weekend. Getting ready to brew a black IPA and cream ale in the near future. We're excited to homebrew for two reasons: it's illegal in Mississippi and the ridiculous 5% ABW cap on beer in this state severely limits our selection at the store. We moved to Miss. from Calif. so we miss the wonderful beers that are now unavailable to us.

Looking forward to receiving advice and tips from the experienced brewers out there--we've already learned quite a bit from browsing previous threads. Thanks!

I think the first thing I would do is to remove your location, you did say it was illegal. Good luck with your brewing but do be careful about how much you say.

Thanks, 1234! There are a number of homebrewers in Miss. and even a few organized clubs. We're working on legislation to get the laws changed here but run up against the lobbying $ of InBev and Miller/Coors. No one has been arrested for homebrewing yet, so I'm not too worried ;)

Back