Hello from South Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Mathis

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I look forward to learning and sharing information and knowledge about brewing. Greetings to all! :cask:

How far south? I used to live in Tallahassee, the southernmost city in Georgia!

Martin - that would make Thomasville the northernmost city in Florida .. unless it's Kay Row

Mike and 2eye .. there is a club brew day at my house Sunday (3/4/18) if either of you are interested

Yes, Kay Row. Not going to speak Egyptian.

I'm pretty sure there isn't any hint of Florida in S GA.

Come on you guys, you can update your info to include your city. The internet boogie men aren't going to get you!

>>Come on you guys, you can update your info to include your city. The internet boogie men aren't going to get you!

I tried once. Mods won't allow Bumf@ck.

>>Come on you guys, you can update your info to include your city. The internet boogie men aren't going to get you!

I tried once. Mods won't allow Bumf@ck.

Not so afraid of boogie men, but most people have never heard of Awl-ben-nee, including those from "above-the-gnat-line" in GA, so it's easier to designate a part of the state. If they do know the area it's mostly because they speed through on their way to gulf coast beaches ...

I live about 35 miles west of Savannah in a community called Black Creek.

Again, welcome from the other side of the state.

Mike and 2eye .. there is a club brew day at my house Sunday (3/4/18) if either of you are interested

Thanks for the invitation, but annual trip for spring training baseball is this weekend.

2eye sells himself (and his town) short. Home of Ray Charles, Bernice Johnson Reagon, Ma Rainey, Deion Branch, and a stone's throw from Buster Posey, Phillip Phillips, and Luke Bryan up in Leesburg. Plus, the Flint River - home of the famous shoal bass.

Lordy, ya'll are talking about gnats aka "no see ums" or "flying teeth". In the coastal zone of SC I know this well.

Welcome to the crazy crew Mike Mathis.

Hey! Welcome from NW Georgia. Rome area to be specific. Great forum and a bunch of good folks here. Brew well and do good things!

Cheers!
:mug:

Back