Hello from Shelburne, Vermont

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chudsonvt

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to the forum. My name is CJ and I am located in Shelburne Vermont, right near Burlington Vermont. I am a fairly new brewer. I had wanted to home brew since before I was of legal drinking age. I am now 30. This late winter, I decided it was time to take the plunge.

After about 40 hours or more of research, after work, I decided that I wanted to jump straight into all-grain brewing and kegging since I already had a two tap keggerator that easily holds 2 1/6 bbl (5 gals).

I built my own MLT with a 5 gallon round cooler, custom cut copper piping and a ball valve. I use my single kettle to heat everything and just transfer to another cooler as my HLT. Then I use one of the bayou burners to heat everything.

I have used the setup to brew 9 5gal batches since February. Most of them have been original recipes and they all have been great! There were a few hick-ups, but nothing that resulted in a ruined batch. Also, all learning experiences the resulted in making me a better brewer.

I am looking forward to sharing my experiences, reading about others, learning new things, as well as teaching from my own lessons learned and experiences gained.

I look forward to "working" with everyone.

CJ

Hey,

You should check out the Green Mountain Mashers homebrew club. It's mostly around Chittenden County. We hold monthly meetings which usually has either a class about something or a tour of a local brewery lead by the brewer followed by Q&A. We also bring and share homebrews and get feedback from others on our beer.

You can check out the meeting scheduled at https://www.facebook.com/GreenMountainMashers You can just drop in on any of those meetings to check it out.

Cheers,
Jim

Back