Hello from Richmond VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownbear21

Reaction score
New aspiring brewer infatuated with stouts and porters. I have been very inspired to start brewing beer ever since I went to my first brewery in Brooklyn, Brooklyn brewery infact. This year the wife got me a northern brewer homebrew kit and I will be making my first batch soon. I had to purchase a kettle for the kit and looks like potentially a wort chiller as well before I can begin still. Hope to start by next week. Ill be here browsing in the meantime! :ban:

Welcome! I used to live in Richmond for a while and it is becoming a great beer city. What kind of beer are you going to start with?

-Jeff

Welcome, do not let the wort chiller delay your brew day. They are nice to have but not mandatory. Be sure to control your ferm temps and enjoy your spoils!

Welcome! I used to live in Richmond for a while and it is becoming a great beer city. What kind of beer are you going to start with?

-Jeff

It really is becoming a great beer city. The stone win is going to make this place explode. To start I am going to do the Irish red that came in the kit. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, do not let the wort chiller delay your brew day. They are nice to have but not mandatory. Be sure to control your ferm temps and enjoy your spoils!

Only reason I am looking to pick up the chiller is because I dont have another way of cooling it down. Sink isnt big enough for the pot I have. Also thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the site.
It's hard not to WANT all kinds of things... do some reading here and think about what you want in a "system" down the road, pick up things here and there and eventually you will have what you need without spending all your money at once.
Tons of DIY items out there that will also help, if that interests you at all.
Now brew up that red!

bringing back my old thread. I actually thought the kit came with a irish red but it ended being a brown ale. It turned out great! All my friends love it. I actually just brewed my first non-kit extract brew on saturday. I am going to start a new thread about that.

Back