Hello from Rancho Cucamonga!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcrae

Reaction score
I just started home-brewing within the last few weeks. Bottled up my first batch this weekend (Everyday IPA). :)

I was introduced to home-brewing by a friend a few years ago, and I finally took the leap. My first two beers were all grain 1 gallon kits. One from Midwest, the other from Brooklyn Brew Shop.

I've made a few mistakes so far but nothing show-stopping. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick with 1 gallon batches, and will probably go to 2-3 gallon in the near future (it's a lot of work for 1 gallon!). Hope to be brewing up my first personal recipe tomorrow.

Welcome to the hobby. You might try the local home-brew stores there is one just east of you and Morebeer in riverside they will be very helpful.:)

Well to the hobby and obsession!

There are 2 LHBS' here is Riverside and one in La Verne/San Dimas. We also have a lot of local homebrewers and a few clubs.

I've already been out to MoreBeer in Riverside (that's a bad place for me to go!) :D There's another shop that just opened out that way called Brew Toys which is off the 91 (right next to Wicks Brewing Company). Haven't been there yet, and it looks like they've just opened.

I'm actually heading to Pacific Brewing Supplies in San Dimas tomorrow after work to check them out. I'm kind of in the middle of all of these places.

I've already started looking into clubs, but I'll probably wait a little bit on joining one. Once I feel a little more comfortable with the whole process, I'll jump in.

Brew Toys is still in the "soft opening phase" and is less than a mile from me. I haven't joined any of the clubs in the area (mainly because I can't get away for meetings due to family obligations and work schedules), but have talked with many of the local brewers and visited and talked with the smaller craft breweries in the area to get ideas and critiques on my beers and cider.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

I have a 2 gallon All Grain system, it is a good size (enough to do about a case of beer) to experiment with. Then I scale up to 10G on my big brew system.

Latest posts

Back