Hello from Northern Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twiz

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been registered for awhile and using the forums for information, but I haven't found a need yet to post so I thought I'd say hi finally. Ex-military single mom; I did a few beer batches when I was married, and it took me awhile to start brewing by myself after my divorce - hey, a 5-gallon carboy is a kind of heavy!

It's pretty hot where I am, so I'm doing some cider/country wine batches with heavy yeasts like EC1118 and Premier Cuvee (95F) until the temps drop. I plan on starting a dark saison as well. When the temps go down, I'd like to do some stouts and a bourbon porter before working my way up to a Wee Heavy. I drink all-dark beer, and that's the only type of beer I'll be brewing.

I'm always looking for any tips on natural preservation - sulfite/campden/etc free. I did see the excellent tutorial on stove-top pasteurization, but I hear this doesn't work too great with EC1118 types.

Currently I have 2 dark molasses ciders, a pomegranate wine, and a concord/currant country wine in primary, and a concord wine in secondary with oak chips. Just had to build a blow-off for my hyper-active concord in primary, so that should turn out interesting.

cheers,

twiz

Back