Hello from Long Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joax23

Reaction score
Hello all,

First off, let me tell a little about myself. Ive been brewing for 3 months and Ive never been this addicted to anything in my life. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about something beer related. Whether its planning my next batch, designing my label, designing plans for a keezer, etc. Nothing was better than the feeling of when I opened my first ever home brewed bottle of beer. The hours you spend brewing all seem worth it. And to think that you created it yourself is so rewarding. Ive been lurking the forum for months now and I just want to say, I love it. The resources and knowledge here at HBT are endless. My first batch was a Brooklyn Beer Kit which looking back now, was an all grain kit. And my last two batches were mostly extract kits. I look forward to switching to all grain brews very soon. And thanks to HBT I plan on building a mash tun in the coming weeks. Lately, I have been doing a lot of research on kegging. This site has been so great. Any question I can possibly think of, I can always find the answer here. Thank you to all the great contributors to this site. Everybody here has been so friendly and willing to help even the simplest of tasks. I look forward to maybe one day being able to help a new brewer out. Thanks again guys.

Greetings from East Northport. In the past 3 years, I've gone from kits to all-grain ales to learning how to tri-decoct German lagers. It's definitely a work in progress, and every success and failure along the way has contributed to my appreciation for the craft of home-brewing beer.

There has been talk on the forum about monthly meetings in Long Island; where and when can I expect to meet brewers during July and August?

Welcome to the forum man! Plenty of good information on this site.
I lived on long island in Miller Place for 12 years before moving up to Buffalo and visit the north fork every year for a week.

Back