Hello from LA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBri

Reaction score
Been browsing for a few months, just had my first bottle of homebrew tonight and thought I'd drop in to give my introductions.

This forum has been indispensable to me in gaining brew knowledge. Every time I google a brew question this is the only forum I click to.

First two brews were a Simcoe IPA and an Irish dry stout, both extract with some grain steeping. Just did a one gallon russian imperial stout this past saturday, BIAB. Hoping to consume most of this Christmas eve with the family.

I brew in a very small home (830 sq ft) so space is a constraint. I started of with a LHBS starter kit, two 6 gallon buckets. Scored a 15 gallon stainless pot and outdoor burner from the local swap meet. I rigged my 40 bottle wine fridge as a fermentation chamber. I've been researching and thinking about moving to 3 gallon better bottles, especially after experiencing the ease of a one gallon BIAB brew. Added benefit is I can fit up to 5 of these BB jugs in my chamber, the idea of variety and ability to brew every week sounds great.

Anyway, that's my brew story. I'm hooked. :mug:

Back