Hello From Jayhawk Country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phog

Reaction score
Hello to the board from cattle country. Errr... I mean Kansas Basketball territory. New member and new reader to boot. How did I not know about HBT? Thanks to Edddculus for directing me here...I think. I am afraid this place will become another acquisition disorder enabler. I have brewed before but it was at least fifteen years ago. Man have things progressed mightily in the home brewing field. I daresay we were still in the stone age of brewing back then. I only did a few batches of beer and a couple turned into drain cleaner. Looking back now after reading a lot of threads here, I am convinced I allowed the wort to become oxidised by light and likely a sanitation issue. I used bleach on everything and likely did not get it rinsed properly. Now I see things like powdered brewers wash and no rinse sanitisers all over the place! Man, those would have been time savers. Thanks for letting me in the group and I hope to be a useful member.

Phog

Welcome to HBT. Love to see fellow Jayhawkers on board. I would image that you were definitely brew in the stone age at time that you coached Phog! LOL. This site is a great bank of information and knowledge. You will be able to make great beer just by reading and paying attention here.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back