Hello from GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msangiorge

Reaction score
I've been lurking around here since Christmas; that's when my husband gave me a Mr. Beer kit. I have definitely been bitten by the bug. I can see that I will have to be expanding in the future; but right now, I'm just trying to build my brewing confidence. Already some of the advice I've seen here given to other newbies has been extremely helpful.

Thanks.

What area? We have a group that meets in NW Georgia. There is also a couple of large groups in the Atlanta area.

If your experience with the Mr. Beer kit doesn't go well, don't be discouraged. You will get much better results with a minimum equipment investment.

What area? We have a group that meets in NW Georgia. There is also a couple of large groups in the Atlanta area.

If your experience with the Mr. Beer kit doesn't go well, don't be discouraged. You will get much better results with a minimum equipment investment.

Why does somebody always have to say that you will make better beer with more of an investment? As long as you get some fresh yeast from an LHBS and you make sure the the HME is fresh then you should be alright. Use DME instead of the booster and you will make some really good beer. I started with Mr Beer and made some really good beer. www.mrbeerfans.com is a good website for those who appreciate the Mr Beer brand and what you can do with the equipment

Welcome from Atlanta! I just started in October and this site has been instrumental in helping me make some great beer. I am sure you will find it very helpful!

Hello from Lilburn, near Stone Mountain. Gorgeous day to brew one. I am going to start about 12 noon.

Today I get to keg my snow day beer brewed Monday 1/10. That was pretty fun.

Why does somebody always have to say that you will make better beer with more of an investment? As long as you get some fresh yeast from an LHBS and you make sure the the HME is fresh then you should be alright. Use DME instead of the booster and you will make some really good beer. I started with Mr Beer and made some really good beer. www.mrbeerfans.com is a good website for those who appreciate the Mr Beer brand and what you can do with the equipment

Notice I said "if". There is much to be desired to the instructions that are included with the Mr. Beer kits. Or, at least it was that way with mine.

Notice I said "if". There is much to be desired to the instructions that are included with the Mr. Beer kits. Or, at least it was that way with mine.

What you said in the next sentence was what I had a problem with. You said "You will get much better results with a minimum equipment investment". The Mr Beer system is cheap and you can use the fermentors at any stage. Extract is extract it doesn't matter where it comes from it only matters how old it is.

The instructions are lacking and should have been corrected by the Catalina company a long time ago, but that doesn't mean she can't make good beer with the system. That is what you implied.

Latest posts

Back