Hello from Chicagoland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewCraig

Reaction score
Heya!

I've been interested in homebrewing for more than a decade, off and on.. But to be fair, more off than on.. My gear has all been in store for 5 or 6 years, but that all changed today! And this time, there's no nagging anti-beer ex-wife to rain on my hobby parade. ;)

Maybe three months ago I shared a few craft beers with friends and the conversation touched on making beer as we did many years ago.. And that rekindled the desire to brew. So I re-read some great homebrew books by Nachel and Papazian, scoured the web for all the latest info, and I'll be ready to brew by January.. Thanksgiving and Christmas with a large family is expensive! Plus, not all of my gear survived storage and I will need to re-tool a bit.

I live up in McHenry county, northwest of Chicago. I've not seen any homebrew meetups in my area, but if there are, or there are some other local brewers, I am game for a co-op!

Cheers,
Craig

Greetings from southwestern McHenry county! I think there are some brew clubs in the Elgin area, but I'm not certain. Good to have you onboard!

glenn514:mug:

Greetings and salutations from the Rockford area. *wave* hey Glenn long time no see.

Welcome to the forum! I live in CT now, but I grew up in Evanston. Happy Brewing!

Back