hello from ATX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poguemahone

Reaction score
i've been looking over this site for a couple of days now and wanted to extend a hello. already i've learned quite a bit.

i just got back into brewing a month ago after 8 years of equipment in storage. let me say the bug has bitten me big time. after getting set up by the fine folks at AHBS (wow, stuff has changed in a decade) i'm now fermenting my second batch with a keg of stout in the new kegerator - i told you it's bitten me hard.

doing all mini mash now and will probably stick with that for a while until i get my feet wet and techniques down.

a question. i'm an analyst professionally and therefore detailed oriented (ok, i'm anal) and i've started a log of my batches. brew dates, racking dates, temps, SG, etc. aside from "this tastes good, this tastes bad" is there any information that you keep track of that you've found makes a world of difference in future batches?

again, glad to find this site (i already tossed my $20 in the ring as well)

welcome and thanks for supporting this site.
it will be the best $20.00 you will spend to improve your beer.
i fly by the seat of my pants(no two batches identical yet), but there are people here with spreadsheets who will help you out

Back