Hello and Thank You!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staab016

Reaction score
I feel like I could put this in two different places on the forum, but figured I'd start with "Introductions"...

First off, I want to say "Thank you!" to everyone on the forum. I brewed up my first batch of beer about 10 days ago, and stressed out the entire way. Thanks to the information on this forum, I was able to make some sense of what I needed to do, and just kegged my first batch of beer!

Second of all, just a little advice from one new brewer to the next ones that come along - just relax! I did SO many things wrong with this first batch of beer, and to be perfectly honest, it seems to have come out GREAT! Granted, it's sitting in the keg, taking on some carbonation, and hopefully becoming a little less "green" - but all signs points to delicious beer! Here's a quick list of what I had done that I convinced myself was going to ruin this beer...

1. "Sanitized" with dish soap... not liquid dish soap, but dishwasher detergent.
2. Boiled just over a gallon of wort, in a tiny tiny pot...
3. Added malt before the wort came to a boil.
4. Never took an original gravity.
5. Drove the fermenter in a car about 25 miles and shook the HECK out of it on the way.

After all my worrying, reading, and stressing about messing up my beer - it ended up GREAT! So - brewing veterans, THANK YOU, brewing newbies, HAVE FUN!

welcome to hbt. now that you've got five lessons learned, time to get the next batch goin!

Already on it... I brewed an IPA with a more experienced brewer this weekend. I'm very excited about it!

I'm already making my plan to switch to some all grain brewing, but I want to get a few more extract recipes under my belt.

Back