Has anyone used a system like this for keeping an eye on weights?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michele Craft

Reaction score
Given the recent gas leak problem I've been looking at the scales and such people mentioned here and stumbled on this
https://www.amazon.com/PLAATO-Keg-M...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Thin scale that can go under kegs and also a CO2 bottle (my main interest) but doesn't require opening the kegerator (ours has to be pulled out from the wall given the iron pipe taps on top to tilt the lid back) and doesn't require running things OUT of the kegerator other than a small usb power cord (also good for us because of it being built into a bar setting with cabinets and such around it).

Seems like it could be useful albeit pricey, so I may not do it for the kegs.

Skimmed that one briefly but I think my needs aren't so detailed so perhaps the $$ spend is overkill. I was just figuring a sixtel being 15lb empty and working from there and then the weight of the co2 bottle plus the gauge set full vs empty to monitor that. Essentially, I need thin and a way to see it outside of the chest without opening things up. Definitely open to other suggestions too if anyone has any ideas.

I have one of these and it works great! I'm sure there are other systems out there that aren't as expensive but I don't have any experience with those.

I have one of these and it works great! I'm sure there are other systems out there that aren't as expensive but I don't have any experience with those.

When you say "these" do you mean the plaato scale or something else?

Oh, sorry, yes, the Plaato scale. I have one of those units and it works great. We fill a lot of howlers for people and there's an active pour readout that gives you a live reading of how much you've poured. Works pretty well. Not super accurate but close enough. Big thing for me is knowing when a keg is going to kick without opening the kegerator to feel the weight of the keg.

Latest posts

Back