Has anyone seen "In Bruges"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
If not it's a pretty good flick.

Bruges seems like a pretty cool place to hang out at the pub and have a beer or two.

Maybe someday....:)

I thought it was excellent. Went to see it at the downtown indie-flick theater expecting a shoot 'em up - got something way better.

Interesting movie, definitely worth checking out.

+1; Have it on DVD. I didn't know what to expect, but was happily surprised.

Great flick.
I had a friend that kept swearing by it, so finally we watched it.

Wife said "WTF did we just watch"
I said "Damn, that movie was awesome"

LOVED it. One of the best Colin Ferrell (sp?) movies I've seen, and Ralph Fiennes was hilarious and menacing and goofy all at the same time. Also, Bruges is now on my list of places to visit when/if I ever cross the pond again. Beautiful!

If not it's a pretty good flick.

Bruges seems like a pretty cool place to hang out at the pub and have a beer or two.

Maybe someday....:)

Good film. And yes Bruges really is like that, or at least it was in the early 90's when my wife and I spent several days there while on our honeymoon. There was a pub there called 't Bruges Beertje that had something like 200 different Belgian beers available. The beer menu was like a notebook.

Hopefully it hasn't changed much in the last 15 years. The scenery in the film seems to suggest that it's still the same.

EDIT: By the way, my avatar is actually a cropped photo of a poster in Brewery de Halve Maan that I snapped during a brewery tour there.

Bruges is in the top five of places I have visited and the Bruges Beertje is amazing. The movie wasn't bad either.

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

IMG_5976.JPG

Love the part were ol boy karate chops the midget.....i have a regular beer and a gay one for my friend...

I've been to Brugge, (only 2 hours by train :) ) And indeed it's cool, expensive but cool.

The movie rocked, I loved two sentences in particular,
1. "You've assaulted two Canadian people", "Canádian you say?! ****!!"
2. "YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FVCKING OBJECT!!!"

Love the part were ol boy karate chops the midget.....i have a regular beer and a gay one for my friend...

That was my favorite part too, a gay beer for my gay friend. I couldn't stop laughing.
I was fortunate enough to go there a few years ago, but only spent about 3 hours. It was enough to have a decent lunch and a few good beers though. It does look like that still, hopefully will for a long time. A great trip idea for anyone that can swing it, London-Bruges-Brussels-Cologne-Amsterdam.

The tour of the "De Halve Maan" brewery is very fun... I've been to Brugge a few times. Love it!

Ghent is another fun town to visit when in Belgium...

Back