hard seltzer syrups?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FromZwolle

I don't want to be cremated, I want to be malted.
Reaction score
anyone have any luck finding good seltzer flavorings?

i was thinking of using a fruit flavored syrup in the keg, but i don't wanna waste the time and effort if someone has stumbled upon the 'secret' flavor ingredients.

p.s.-i hate hard seltzers on their own, but as part of a mixed cocktail, they're a great ingredient!

the flavoring syrups for coffees... I've used them before in beers. they work great and you usually don't need very much

Just bottled my first seltzer last weekend. I've seen a local taphouse with plain seltzer on tap use those MiO 'water enhancer' flavorings. I tried it and it's not too bad!
https://www.makeitmio.com/
I keep a keg of carbonated water on tap all the time because I just don't like plain flat water. MiO or any of the water "enhancer" type things work quite well. I'll occasionally toss in a shot of vodka to make it a "hard seltzer" and use the same flavorings.
I had considered flavoring a keg with a bunch of one flavor but I like the variety of flavoring in the glass/cup

I have a couple of the Apex flavorings. Haven't used them in a seltzer, but they work well in beer, also they are designed to flavor alcoholic drinks. Check out their WS. Alcoholic Beverage Flavors - Apex Flavors
+1 to Apex! Their extracts for beer/cocktails are great. Pricey but they have so many unique flavor combos. The mojito is spot on and my lady can choose to have it on its own, or hit it with rum to kick it up. Occasionally can find coupon codes out there too

I just tried to make a 2.5G batch of hard seltzer using water, vodka and Torani sugar free Mango syrup, been 5 days at 30psi and just doesn’t seem to be carbonating properly, should the flavoring be added after carbing? Do flavored syrups affect carbonation where the extract flavoring does not?

Latest posts

Back