handle broke on my SS brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleJoe

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon economy SS brewpot from Austin Homebrew. Yesterday, luckily before I had a pot full of wort, I noticed that the one handle had broken. It didn't break at the rivets but actually right above there where it transitions from flattened to the tubular handle as well as bends a bit to angle away from the pot.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to repair this? Luckily a friend was over and between the 2 of us we were able to lift the pot a couple times even without being able to use one of the handles but thats not going to work all the time

I hate to have the brewpot and not be able to use it

Weld it back in place. Surely you have a friend with knowledge on doing it if you don't...

To OP,

I just did the same thing to my pot, but where the handle welds to the pot. Where you able to get this fixed and how?

I am wondering if I can braze it back on.

I never did do anything with the pot, still sitting in my garage. Shortly after this happened I got a keggle so I don't often have to use the pot

Back