Handicapped Accessible Electric Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handi

Reaction score
First off I'm not sure how to start this.

I was sent a private message on my 2 month anniversy as a member of this Forum. I've red lots of post in this forum and what I've red has been very informative. i was also asked if I'd be interested in Writing a Small Article for the Front page of this Forum.

I have to say that I temporarly turned it down, mainly because i do not have much or any writing skills to write an article as well not enough experience in Homebrewing just yet.

As many of you know or may not know, I'm a 40 year old Disabled Male. I've been in a Wheelchair for 31 years. Most of my Hobbies and activities ALL include the use of my Hands, Anything from Woodworking to working on my Own Vehicle because i can't afford to take it in to the Shop.

I've learned to adapt to my needs of doing things. With this in Mind, I picked up Yet another Hobbie, not that I can afford another hobbie LOL because I really can't, but for my Love of Beer, Armoras, Flavors etc I manage to get a little brewing in from time to time.

So my Experience in Brewing is less then desirable to me. Most of my Beers have came out VERY Bitter to my liking. So I have MUCH To learn about homebrewing.

The reason for this Post today, is I would like to get EVERYONE'S Input. I'm unable to afford all of my Needed Equipment, and don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for money LOL, but I would like to get as much Information and maybe even Prices so I can eventually Write a Small Article for everyone about Disabled Homebrewing. Maybe even a Pictorial.

I have a 90 amp Mig Welder. I'm going to Attempt to Weld me up a Frame to house 2 or 3 Pots, Slowly, as equipment is expensive. I have found on Staples.com a 40 Quart Pot for $33.49, This will be on my List of Purchases. This will most likely be my starting Point for my Small Brewery.

I'll also Invest in a Heating Element that will allow me to do an Electric Brewery, PiD Controller etc. So, if anyone is interested in helping me, Let me know.

All information and Advice is apprecitive as well as Informative.

A List of equpment I'd probably need, I'm looking for a Way to Eliminate the Handling of Equipment except for cleaning. I need a way to Drain, I need a way to Siphon, I need a way to Move wort and water from one pot to another, but it has to be GOOD Quality for a lower price on equipment or even a DIY project that I can achieve myself at next to NO Cost at all.

I Have Plans to Build a Counterflow Chiller to help with Cooling wort at the same time siphoning into the Fermentor. I may have to goto the extent of Several 2.5 gallon Batchs to make it manageable in my Fermentator Fridge when i get a Temp controller for that. I'd also like to have a Small Bar setup which will come eventually, right now I'm more interested in gaining some knowledge and experience in Electric Brewing and setting one up myself!

Thanks in Advance.
Handi

Back