'Hammer Perpetuem' for addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robanna

Reaction score
My wife used to do triathlons but and has a large amount of the endurance supplement 'Hammer Perpetuem', specifically the Orange-Vanilla. I was wonder peoples thought on using it as an addition to something like a Blue Moon clone or hefe. I know some people add Maltodextrin to add mouth feel and that is the main ingredient. Does anyone see anything in the rest of the ingredients that would be bad? maybe a perspective that would inhibit yeast growth?

Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Soy Protein Isolate, Energy Smart® (fruit juice, natural grain dextrin), Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Trisodium Phosphate, L-Carnosine, L-Carnitine (as Carnipure™), Choline Bitartrate, Chromium Polynicotinate.

My wife used to do triathlons but and has a large amount of the endurance supplement 'Hammer Perpetuem', specifically the Orange-Vanilla. I was wonder peoples thought on using it as an addition to something like a Blue Moon clone or hefe. I know some people add Maltodextrin to add mouth feel and that is the main ingredient. Does anyone see anything in the rest of the ingredients that would be bad? maybe a perspective that would inhibit yeast growth?

I don't see anything that would directly effect yeast growth, most of that looks like amino acids and some vitamin derivatives....Though I usually use Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) to clean my driveway :)

I don't see anything that would directly effect yeast growth, most of that looks like amino acids and some vitamin derivatives....Though I usually use Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) to clean my driveway :)

That one scared me too. This is from wiki:

cleaning agent, food additive, stain remover and degreaser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisodium_phosphate

Seriously! "Do the dishes, clean that stubborn pet stain off the couch, wash the oil stain off the driveway, make some cookies for the kids. Yumm!"

Reminds me of "Shimmer Floor Wax" skit from SNL; It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping! For the greatest shine you've ever tasted
http://www.hulu.com/watch/264564

If you want orange and vanilla, you probably should use organic orange zest and vanilla beans. It's like making stock--you want to use pristine ingredients, no? Beer taste is a subtle thing. A few too many grams of orange zest can send the whole batch too far. Adding a can of whatever that is sounds like something I wouldn't want to risk my beer on.

Latest posts

Back