Hallertau blanc & Orpheus brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaPhil

Reaction score
A search didn't show any results, so here's a new thread.

Anybody brewed with it? Today I had a beer with blanc as its only hop at an upstart here in Atlanta. It's one of the best beers I've had lately. Comparisons with Sauvignon blanc are highly valid IMHO (full disclosure: I'm not a wine guy, but I detected it).

If you're local, keep an eye on these guys- they're definitely staying outside the usual pale ale, IPA, wheat, etc box. Sour mash, getting a coolship soon, planning on Brett beers, etc.

http://www.orpheusbrewing.com/beers/hop-experiment-1/?ao_confirm

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Hallertau Blanc is one of my favorite hops. It's like Nelson, Galaxy, and Hallertau had an orgy, and nine months later this guy was born. Awesome, awesome blonde ale and saison hop. Also good in pale ales and IPAs.

I recently made a pale ale using 2oz amarillo and 1oz hallertau blanc at flame out and 2oz hallertau blanc for a dry hop. Man I love this beer. It is super tropical.

It's also the main hop in our recently released Lyric Ale. Hop Experiment #1 was just a test of the hop before putting it into a year round beer. I got a bunch of Blanc as a sub for Nelson, but hadn't actually used it or even had a beer with it before. It's scary to contract a few tons of hops that you've never even tried!

Jason Pellett
Brewmaster, Orpheus Brewing

Latest posts

Back