Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to help out Im not so educated in the forum stuff I just subscribed and I think I'm getting the hang of it ... Anyhow I cant say I'm an expert in beer yeast but definitely been a food microbiologist for awhile and I'm interested in starting in on some yeast bank for my own purposes so if I can help hit me up !!!

sounds good. let's keep on topic and post any yeast bank related stuff on the Chicago yeast bank thread below. Wegz15 is also a "slantologist"...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f195/chicago-homebrewers-yeast-bank-project-325896/

looking forward to the yeastbank, b, although I'll need to do more research before I submit for archiving. also, please subscribe me for your next group buy! I have to get started brewing for stout night 2012, and that means I'll be plowing through a lot of 2-row.

I'll give you a heads up when I'm about to start another one, rusty.

Does anyone have a 1/4" keg dimpler tool collecting dust i could borrow or buy? I was planning on building the 1/2" variety from McMC but dont have a way to machine anything down for the sight glass. Dont ask why i didnt order the 1/2" version from bobby.

Not the sight itself, but the dimpler tool people use when soldering on fittings. It makes a nice flare that holds the fitting straight and provides more area for the solder to fasten.

Thats a great price on the DIY sight though. BrewHardware is just under $20 but im only doing a single keggle for now.

If nobody has one ill just grab a bushing and an extra half inch half coupler from McMC.

I thought I was on this list for group buys, but maybe not.

Anyway, please put me on the list for the next group buy.

thanks

Just follow this thread and my previous ones, I'll post the link for the new buy on here. I'm not sure when the new buy will be yet.

Bmason, are you looking at doing the group by anytime soon? I ran through all my grain from last time.
Thanks
Bill

Not anytime soon unfortunately. I'm swamped with maintenance repairs at work so I'm pretty busy. I haven't brewed in almost 3 months myself. Maybe July or August before I'll have time to run one.

moooooooooooooore grain hhymmehyyyymmmeeee...
Jk, but i have to say i am enjoying my brewing even more now when i still have lots of grain in storage from lats group buy but if there is a buy i will be there

Due to unexpected life..well a death of my girlfriends son.. I have been a little slow brewing myself..but at 50+lbs a batch it doesn't last long.

I have a friend that would be in for 5 bags of base, and I'd do at minimum the same.

Bill,I would be happy to setup and run a googledocs spreadsheet for the good of the order. Pun intended.

Neopol said:
Due to unexpected life..well a death of my girlfriends son.. I have been a little slow brewing myself..but at 50+lbs a batch it doesn't last long.

I have a friend that would be in for 5 bags of base, and I'd do at minimum the same.

Bill,I would be happy to setup and run a googledocs spreadsheet for the good of the order. Pun intended.

Neopol, my condolences on your loss.

Anyone is free to do a group buy but I can't receive grain at my place for a while. So if someone else wants to run it and do pick ups at another venue then feel free to do so.

I'm running out of everything so I'd be in for a buy if it comes together.

PM me for bulk grain interest, also wet hops are going to be available at harvest time by the pound. Should be 20$ a pound, I'll set up a group by for those as well. More info on the hops to follow shortly. But- I know that Citra, Amarillo, simcoe, centennial, cascade, and a few others will be available. The deal will be by the pound and I can only get them in 10 pound increments. Orders must be in by July 27. Again more detailed info to come.

wegz15 said:
$20 a pound for wet hops? Seems like a lot. I got a pound of dry simcoe for $20

Nice- where did you score that? Did that include shipping?

I think I posted link in this thread. I did a side group buy. they had centennial for $18 I think. Bought some citra dry for I think $25 a pound as well.

wegz15 said:
I think I posted link in this thread. I did a side group buy. they had centennial for $18 I think. Bought some citra dry for I think $25 a pound as well.

Yeah, it's the next day air shipping. It's a cool idea for a wet hopped beer. I dosent seem to be picking up much interest here so it may not happen.

wegz15 said:
Why next day air? Can't you do ground

No,they pick them in the morning pack em up and ship that day. So they get to us the next day. Fresh as we can get.

how many people would be interested in another group buy? I'm trying to gauge interest

1bag of 2row might want others depending on what's being ordered. Like a sack of Belgian Pilsen

gsanstra said:
1bag of 2row might want others depending on what's being ordered. Like a sack of Belgian Pilsen

don't hold back. Whatever you think you need, add another sack or two.

I might do a hops buy depending on interest. Not sure if it would be through our distributor or through a website where everyone can pick what they want and just save on shipping.

Our distributor gives us better prices per lb, but the website gives us more variety.

I would like either cascade, wilamette, or warrior. But I am open to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back