Greetings from Upstate NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozone

Reaction score
In the heart of wine country.

Hey all. Mark here. For many moons I was a beer brewer (extract then to all grain) then gave it up a few years back as I was moving overseas for a while. Lived in England, hopped about the UK and Europe sampling beers ('In De Wildeman', Amsterdam, :rolleyes:).

Anyways, I begin to ramble. Now living in upstate and there are some decent brews about but the selection gets drab after a few years. So began working at a winery and making wine. Wife loves it but the availability of the grape is in late autumn only and I've only got 2 fermenters (gotta fix that). With a recent graduation as a mature student, have been doing research on accounting and business law to open up a new business. Not so much free time at the moment so I've begun experimenting with ciders (currently fermenting a 4gal batch made with turbinate sugar, going to start a 4gal batch with oak and cherry hopefully this weekend (as well as a 2gal heavy apple mead)).

So, I'll probably be prowling around the outskirts of the forums for the next couple of weeks asking some questions and posting updates on what's working and what isn't in the cider area, and, hopefully with some free time, I'll be venturing into the ale regions come this spring.

Hope everyone's well and fermenters are bubblin,

Mark (Ozone)

Back