Greetings From The Cold, Cold North

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celestialparsnip

Reaction score
Hi all.

Been lurking for a while here, and thought it was time to say hello. Just finished off my second glass of my very first brew (an Altbier), and am feeling all warm and fuzzy and generally inclined to loving my fellow man.

I'm an Australian living in Norway. Pushing the big three-oh. Been here in the land of the midnight sun for about 3 years now. Missus is Norwegian. That's about it for the personal info :cross:

I haven't really felt the need to post up until now. Every question I could possibly think of has been answered by judicious use of the search function. Please peoples... use it. It's been a godsend.

Anyhoo, just like to say thanks to all the beer boffins on these forums... picked up a lot of handy information, which has subsequently led to a fine batch of highly drinkable beer. Which is nice.

Skål!

(A snap of myself enjoying a Guinness in Paris)

pintingitup.jpg

Welcome to HBT. Australia to Norway, that has to be one heck of an adjustment.

Welcome! An Aussie that's moved to Norway? Yikes! Talk about your climate change!!! My BIL is from Syndey, and he won't come visit us in Wisconsin except in July or August. Otherwise it's too cold for him. I think he'd absolutely die in Norway!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I've always prefered colder weather, so it wasn't so much of an adjustment. I couldn't stand the summers back in Horse Trailer... Made me listless, tired and fuzzy headed.

And I've always said you can make yourself warmer, but it's bloody hard to make yourself cooler. Just throw on another layer of clothing :D

Back