Greetings - Boston area newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Condor

Reaction score
Hi all - very excited and nervous rookie here. Why, you ask? Brewing my first-ever batch tomorrow! Thrilled and praying not to screw it up! :cross:

Tips/words of encouragement/warnings of imminent doom all welcomed!

Looking forward to the journey.

-EC

Follow the directions and follow these threads little tricks that smooth out the process, which essentially has not changed much. Interested in knowing is it an all grain or malt extract recipe you have chosen or are making alternative booze with supermarket only stuff?

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Malt extract, IPA kit from my local brew supply shop. No all-grain yet - baby steps!

Welcome from another boston area native. Good luck with your brew tomorrow. Remember, it starts with the extract batches and the next thing you know...all grain set-up, ferm chamber, and a kegerator

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

I was just in Chelsea this week, found a wild brewer called Mystic Brewing. Some fantastic stuff, I would seek them out!

I was just in Chelsea this week, found a wild brewer called Mystic Brewing. Some fantastic stuff, I would seek them out!

Grretings and Welcome to the show....If you're ever out to Mystic Brewing, I know most of those guys, they'll do anything to help you out. If your ever in central mass, give me a shout.

Cheers,
Kris

Yes, I've tried their stuff - mmm! Did you go to the brewery itself? Haven't been there myself. I am interested in visiting locations.

Grretings and Welcome to the show....If you're ever out to Mystic Brewing, I know most of those guys, they'll do anything to help you out. If your ever in central mass, give me a shout.

Cheers,
Kris

Thanks for the tip, Kris. I will do just that!

Cheers,
Kris
Thanks, if I'm out there again, I will PM you. :mug:

Yes, I've tried their stuff - mmm! Did you go to the brewery itself? Haven't been there myself. I am interested in visiting locations.
I was at the brewery, nice spot. :ban:

Hey there, new Boston brewer here too. My second batch just finished bottle conditioning and I'm about to brew a third. I'd love to hear from more folks in the area!

How'd your brew day go? And which homebrew shop are you using?

Hah! It was fun AND adventurous. Here's a link to my post-mortem question in the Beginner's Forum after my, ahem, event. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/did-i-ruin-my-1st-batch-story-482716/

Bottom line is that I had a massive boil-over due to my use of a small kettle and very active hop pellets. The whole thing threw me off and I added the flavor pellets in at the start as well instead of waiting till the last 15 min. *le sigh*

I will tell you, though, the supportive response and information on this forum has calmed my nerves and eased my self-loathing considerably, and I am off to the shop (in reply to Z Smalls: Modern HomeBrew Emporium, on Mass Ave in Cambridge) to get hops for my first experience in dry-hopping. Didn't think I'd go there THIS early in my brewing journey, but one thing I should have remembered from early on is that beer is the living gift that keeps on giving! :fro:

Any tips on dry-hopping?

-EC

Back