Greeting from Colorado wine country!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duganson

Reaction score
Hiyas all,

My name is Ian 'Duganson' MacDonald. I am the Cellar Master at Carlson Vineyards http://www.carlsonvineyards.com/ and happen to also be a drink nerd. I like beer, mead, coffee, spirits and tea and have had the opportunity to make almost all of them (excluding spirits of course, that would be ILLEGAL!)

I'm joining this forum after a month or two of lurking. I've found loads of useful info for my transition to all-grain, and want feedback on the recipe that I went with. Also I would like to help with winemaking questions as they come up, either directly on the forum or via PM.

Don't be afraid to say hi and ask questions.

Ian

Greetings from Colorado. Welcome. I would guess alot of homebrewers also dabble in wine. After many batches and abour 300 home made bottles, my wife and I found ourselves really getting into german style winemaking. Reslings, Gurtz, etc. And ice wines. Our reds always seem to be lackluster - not much tannins where expected etc. We've had some good success with tempranillo however.

Thanks for the welcome, Xeno. Have you guys tried Carlson's Riesling and Gewurtz? I am a little biased but, for the semi-sweet style (Rhone), I think ours is the best in Colorado.

Are you guys growing Tempranillo in the Springs?

Back