Green tea beer/wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesus16x

Reaction score
I'm an addict for booze and green tea, I'm thinking of brewing a really strong batch if green tea and adding lots of honey and yeast and fermenting for a couple weeks, will this be terrible or awesome?

I'm not sure about green tea, but I made a Belgian IPA that I dry-hopped with chamomile tea and cascade. It came out really well. You could probably figure out a good combination of hops that would work well with the green tea

I made a light ale with a good amount honey as ferment ambles, and a good amount of rooibois tea added at end of boil, I let steep while I cooled, and added the other half of the box of bags into the fermentor......it turned out amazing, nice reddish color, good taste, low bitterness.

Try a bottle of eslyan jasmine ipa if you get a chance. It grew on me and buy the time I got to the third bottle I was wishing I had bought another case of bombers on clearance. A green jasmine tea ipa is on my to do list.

A friend of mine and his girlfriend just did a batch of tea beer that turned out pretty well. It was a little off for my personal tastes, but it did convey a good green tea flavor. They also "dry hopped" the beer with some tea leaves as well.

I JUST did this. I basically made really strong green tea- added sugar, yeast nutrient, and yeast energizer and let it sit for about 50 days. I tasted it after 30 days and it tasted a lot like dish water but i opened up a bottle of it tonight and its surprisingly tasty. I used cider yeast not beer yeast and no hops but its tasty.

Taste is like a really light wheat beer with a hoppy green-ness that is more green and less hoppy. Part of me wonders if its not 12% ABV tho...
IMG_0003.JPG

Back