Greatest LIVE albums ever ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday" by Phish. Never Officially released but one of the best things I have ever heard.

Technically, thats not live. Its Trey's thesis from college. They performed the entire suite a few times in the early 90's, but all the renditions were a little different from the original.

I'm a pretty big fan of Hampton Comes Alive though.

+ 1 Fulsom Prison
Band of Gypsys-Live at the Filmore East
Grateful Dead-Fairgrounds Arena Oklahoma City 10/19/73 (Dick's Picks 19)
favorite has to be Jerry Garcia and Jon Kahn Oregon State Prison (bootleg)
another cool bootleg is Phish doing the Beatles White Album and doing Dark Side of the Moon
+1 Live at Pompeii

Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo
Frampton Comes Alive
Bob Seger - Live Bullets
Joe Satriani - Dreaming 11 (Although it technically has a studio song on it)

And now Pink Floyd, PULSE. Man, that is a freaking fantastic album! I always sort of enjoyed PF, but after listening to this, I am a new FAN! I'm not usually one for live albums, but PULSE sounds so good, you forget it's live.

+1 for NOFX's live album

I'd like to throw in The Pietaster's "Strapped Live!" album- also can't forget about the Root's live recordings

+1 to Nirvana Unplugged & Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison

The Clash-- From Here to Eternity
Tom Waits-- Big Time
Mighty Mighty Bosstones-- Live from the Middle East (I was at this recording)
Flogging Molly-- Alive Behind the Green Door
Social Distortion-- Live at the Roxy

I was going to add the Social D Live at the Roxy, but I thought that it didn't have such a "Live" feel to it. Almost feel they added too much production.

And, I hate to say it, but I have never listened to From Here to Eternity. I'll need to give it a listen.

Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense
John Coltrane- One Up, One Down
Grateful Dead- Live/Dead, or the Winterland '73 Box Set (which was a dream come true for me)
Keith Jarrett- any of them. I'll go with the Koln Concert.
Medeski, Martin, and Wood- Tonic

AC/DC-Live, ridiculous energy, even though it is a compilation of various concerts on one tour

Rage Against the Machine Battle for Mexico City is a Live dvd, so I dont know if it qualifies, but it's pretty badass too

Back