granola bar braggot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_sieh

Reaction score
another off the wall question...

could you use a granola bar for the grains portion of a braggot mead? Im not seeing anything that would stop it in the ingredients:

Whole Grain Oats, Sugar, Canola Oil, Dark Chocolate Pieces (Chocolate Liquor, Sugar, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), Honey, Yellow Corn Flour, Soy Flour, Brown Sugar Syrup, Cocoa, Salt, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Baking Soda. Contains Soy, Almond, Peanut And Pecan Ingredients.

Im searching for a really good, unique recipe so im kind of going through my kitchen looking for fermentables. lol

any help would be appreciated!

The canola oil and any oil that would come from the nuts would destroy any head on your braggot. Also I am not sure how salt would effect things.

Are you planning to mash the granola bar?

Why not make your own granola? It's wicked easy. Take rolled oats, add sugar/honey, vegetable oil, nuts/raisins/etc and toast in the oven. Google for a specific recipe.

another off the wall question...

could you use a granola bar for the grains portion of a braggot mead? Im not seeing anything that would stop it in the ingredients:

Whole Grain Oats, Sugar, Canola Oil, Dark Chocolate Pieces (Chocolate Liquor, Sugar, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), Honey, Yellow Corn Flour, Soy Flour, Brown Sugar Syrup, Cocoa, Salt, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Baking Soda. Contains Soy, Almond, Peanut And Pecan Ingredients.

Im searching for a really good, unique recipe so im kind of going through my kitchen looking for fermentables. lol

any help would be appreciated!

I just got this very same idea after eating a bowl of granola cereal. I would think the amount of oil and salt is too low to cause any problems. I think I'm going to try a small batch to see what it comes out like..

Latest posts

Back