Grainfather questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lothar1974

Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping to ask, looking at getting a grainfather, was originally looking at the G30 but wondering if it's worth it to splurge on the G70? Hoping for some advise. I have been just getting back to brewing but want to do more. Looking to do smaller batches at first till I get my recipes down better. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum 😎
The G70 minimum batch size is 10 gallons. Also 15 amp 220V for power.
I have the G30 and you can do 5 gallon batches. With the micro pipe setup you can do 2.5 to 3 gallons

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum 😎
The G70 minimum batch size is 10 gallons. Also 15 amp 220V for power.
I have the G30 and you can do 5 gallon batches. With the micro pipe setup you can do 2.5 to 3 gallons
Hello and thanks for responding. Batch size, clean in place, site glass and a few other options, do you think the price is worth it for the G70?

If it was 10 years ago doing 10 gallon batches I would get it. Looks like a great system, a little pricey for some but I needed to get smaller, pulling out the Blichmann top tier and Tower of Power out of the shed was getting tiresome for my starting to get old body 😎

Back