grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elsphinc

Reaction score
My repurposed treadmill grain mill

ForumRunner_20131212_185415.jpg

Attachments

• IMG053.jpg
    IMG053.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG056.jpg
    IMG056.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 879
Dude! That is incredible. What did you use to roughen up the smooth roller surfaces?

i spent about 2 bombers worth of time with a grinder running back and forth loosely rubbing across them and switching the angle every now and then. I used it first time yesterday and it worked really well. Local shop was gonna charge 175 to knurl them so i gasped and went the grinder route.

ok so i have it running and crushing ok but it seems underpowered with at 24v power supply i had laying around. the motor is 90v. any ideas on how to power this with a few more volts. i have made 2 batches of beer with it so far and my efficiency seems ok, i also pass the grain through twice.

What's the horsepower rating of your motor?

I robbed everything from the treadmill I parted out, power supply, speed control, etc.......

Mine is a 2 horsepower motor, and easily controlled with the supplied controls.

so its a 90v rated at 1.75 hp using 15 amps. It just needs a little bit more power or amps maybe. not sure about all that amp/volts talk.

Latest posts

Back