Gotta have priorities

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

count_dookie

Reaction score
The other day I was running some errands and I realized I missed lunch. So as any person would do I check my wallet and find a 10 and think this will get me something good. I began to think of what should I do, and then it hits me. I went to the Wally World and picked up a can of sardines and a doughnut, grand total about 1.50. Then take my change and head to the beverage store where I got a Hercules IIPA. The beer was for another time but I surprised myself, I had never eaten sardines before and I did so because they were the cheapest largest can of food I could find just so save some money to be able to try something new in the way of beer.

Just thought you guys might get a kick out of that.

soo, how were they?! I never grew a set to eat them yet. Kinda weird cause I would try sushi in a heartbeat, but sardines just seem nasty!
tom

Sardines and sushi are not the same thing at all lol. I've had both, and sardines definitely take a little more getting used to. Eating the face of a little fish is kind of weird.

Also, nice job with priorities. Yesterday I didn't have lunch, so when I came home I had a piece of cake with a side of beer.

Sardines are a food group in my house. I like the ones with the green chilies in them and put them on crackers for a late night snack.

My wife eats them, not on donuts, but plain, and I don't let her anywhere near me when she does. I grew up hearing my father telling me that's what he grew up on because he didn't have money for anything else. Never personally tried them, but the smell alone keeps me away. I do like a good donut now and then though. And sushi is a staple in my house.

Back