Got a reminder in cross border volume today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hauntedyards

Reaction score
I had bought a new 5 gallon fermenting bucket for wine just before I started brewing beer and all the places I read stated you need a 6 gallon for the head on beer fermentation.

So I ordered a fancy 6.5 gallon bucket from NB (great guys... 10 feet of bubble wrap for a bucket? lol) and when it came I realized it was the same size bucket I had.

5 Canadian (imp) gallons IS 6.5 US gallons... sigh... at least I have lots of room to ferment beer now...

doh!

One can never have TOO MANY fermenters! It's nice to have a spare spigot or two for them if that's what you use too. Don't ask me how I know.....:(

That was the funny thing... we don't sell 6.5 gallon fermenting buckets up here... because that is 5 gallons imperial. All of our 5 gallon buckets are 6.5 US gallons... lol Which now also makes me wonder if all my 5 gallon glass carboys are also 6.5 gallon US customary ones... fracking metric/imperial system!

Back