Good Head, No retention

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMbrewer

Reaction score
sounds like a set up right??????? I have a Wheat beer that seems to pour well, but has big bubbles and the head of the beer dissipates quickly (bout 2 minutes) and then seems like carbonation is gone. Is this due to the beer not being mature yet or something I've done? Good flavor and very quaffable, but I it seems like a protein and yeast thing. Head that is there does not grab the side of the glass......any thoughts??????

How old is the wheat beer? I'm no expert, but I just made a Bavarian weissbier and it had awesome head/retention for about the first 3 or 4 weeks, but now it seems like it hasn't been holding up as well. Same sort of thing you described.

sounds like a set up right??????? I have a Wheat beer that seems to pour well, but has big bubbles and the head of the beer dissipates quickly (bout 2 minutes) and then seems like carbonation is gone. Is this due to the beer not being mature yet or something I've done? Good flavor and very quaffable, but I it seems like a protein and yeast thing. Head that is there does not grab the side of the glass......any thoughts??????

make sure your not washing your glasses with a spot free agent. Stuff like Jetdry will inhibit head formation and retention after a pour.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/get-rid-jet-dry-coating-147501/

normal dish soap handwashing in the sink and a good rinse.

Back