Good Gueze!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakerStreetBeers

Reaction score
Arguably this belongs in the commercial beer threads, but just finishing off my first bottle of lindemann's gueze and I'm quite buzzed.

The only other lambics I've had have been their fruit: raspberry, peach, cherry and I was not sure what to expect from this bottle. OMG, it's friggin delicious. Where the fruited ones are entirely unlike beer (to me anyway). But this lindemann's gueze has a lot of the character of the fruit beers, but is somehow much more beer like . . . just sour. I have been trying recently to cultivate a taste in Belgian beers . . . since I live 10 miles from Russian River, etc., but haven't been entirely successful. But given this and my experience with the Duchess a couple weeks ago, I think I may be ready to throw my hat in with landoney and Evan! in the sour beer circle and sing Kum Ba Yah!

You should see if you can find some Cantillon Broucsella Grand Cru. One of the best sour beers, IMO, and the only unblended lambic in the world (no fruit). And Rodenbach.

If you get to a point in your brewing where you want to start making beers that need to age for years, sour is the way to go. I have brewed one sour beer, it is still souring, and I cant wait to get my second one started.

Did you try the Cuvee Renee, or just the regular Gueze? The Renee has a golden yellow label.

This is likely my favorite style. I will be starting my homebrew pgueze this summer. I'll tell you how it is in three years :cross:

Did you try the Cuvee Renee, or just the regular Gueze? The Renee has a golden yellow label.

This is likely my favorite style. I will be starting my homebrew pgueze this summer. I'll tell you how it is in three years :cross:

It was the Cuvee Renee . . . going to have to pick up some more of that one.

I have a bottle of Lindenmann's Cuvee Renee in the fridge that is just waiting for me to have the right time to open it.
I did not care at all for the other Lindenmann's "lambics" I have tried but I did really like both of the Rodenbach's. I have a packet of the Roselare blend in the fridge for a planned Flander's Red.
I guess I have been bitten by the sour bug. Really the timing on these beers is not much different than the meads I have been experimenting with.

Craig

Back