Good 4-6 ball lock/sanke sixtel chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaudill

Reaction score
Hi,

It's been a lot time since I've shopped for a chest freezer to make into a keezer. Is there a good 4-6 ball lock and/or sanke sixtel sized keezer that is pretty readily available? I have a short-term reason that I need a chest freezer for storage but ultimately it'll become my keezer. Thank you!

Take a look at this thread, scroll down as the chest freezer capacity increases, and note the author shows numerous configurations without and with "collars" that increase depth. This image at the top of the thread should get you started...

q2keZ3T.png

Many if not most of the specific model numbers are probably obsolete but given the make and size one should be able to find superseding models...

Cheers!

Ya I've seen this - like 8 years ago lol! I just wasn't sure if it was still being actively maintained?

I can attest to the GE 7cuft. It's a bit tight but the non-rusting metal interior is nice. It dents a bit more easily than painted metal but is rust-free in my experience, which when used as a keezer at non-freezing temps is a real plus.

I can attest to the GE 7cuft. It's a bit tight but the non-rusting metal interior is nice. It dents a bit more easily than painted metal but is rust-free in my experience, which when used as a keezer at non-freezing temps is a real plus.

Thank you! It turns out the worst time to look for a chest freezer is in the middle of a pandemic ugh,

Back