Going to try home brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brdrumz

Reaction score
Hi folks!
My name is Bob and I'm from NC....
Awaiting the arrival of my first home brewing kit (next week) and looking forward to learning the craft and processes with home brewing.

I've been reading up and watching tons of YOUTUBE videos...seems like lots of fun! (I like to cook and make my own food recipes...) so since I love beer so much, I think the eventual processes of making my own beer will be creatively enjoyable!

Just wanted to say hello and Merry Christmas!

I stared this a couple of months ago- it's a blast. It seems like a lot to learn, but the reality is that the principles are pretty simple, once you separate out all the superfluous tricky details.

You can make it as complicated or as simple as suits you.

I started with a pot on the stove and a Brewers Best American Amber; I couldn't believe how good it was! And this from a Bud guy. ( I haven't bought a drop of Bud in two months!)

Now I have a double kegerator in the garage, and am almost finished with my 10 gallon all grain setup.

There is a ton of good info here, but the best thing is to quit reading and start brewing!

Have fun and remember KISS!
Matt

it's a slippery slope, particularly for people like you who like to cook. Unlike cooking though, it takes a while to go through a batch.

Merry Christmas. You never really "try" home brewing. It's a one-hit-addiction (like crack cocaine). It would be more proper to say, "I'm about to begin my life-time obsession with home brewing."
My wife still regrets that fateful Christmas gift. Now after lots of money and many upgrades, she just shakes her head, rolls her eyes and says, "what was I thinking when I got that starter kit".
...and from that moment forward you will politely decline any offers of free, cold, Bud-lite from folks.

Welcome!

Like cooking, learning your ingredients and process are essential to producing a quality product.

Any questions, please ask. :mug:

Welcome aboard man. I'm new to the game myself and have been enjoying every minute of it. I'm about to start my second batch soon. Good luck and drink up :mug:

Concur w/Bernie - there is a time and a place for Bud Lite and similar brews. I find it hard to go bowling and not drink a pitcher of Coors Light. I'm sure there are other examples..

Concur w/Bernie - there is a time and a place for Bud Lite and similar brews. I find it hard to go bowling and not drink a pitcher of Coors Light. I'm sure there are other examples..

You could strand in the desert after 2 days broiling in the sun then set a pitcher of Coors Light in front of me with no other liquid available and I would be hard pressed to drink it. It is absolutely the worst beer I have ever had... Although I have to admit the sixer we had may have gone bad.

I would still choose almost any other beer first!

You could strand in the desert after 2 days broiling in the sun then set a pitcher of Coors Light in front of me with no other liquid available and I would be hard pressed to drink it. It is absolutely the worst beer I have ever had... Although I have to admit the sixer we had may have gone bad.

I would still choose almost any other beer first!

keystone coor bud,, i still drink em time to time. love homebrew draught in the living room but i am def no beer snob

The learning curve is all up hill when it becomes an obsession. Thats why we all come here to find answers. Welcome and enjoy your new.......?um..hobby? Cheers;)

Thanks for the welcoming messages! I'll be sure to look here for my many questions and advice!

KISS is my favorite band....and Keeping It Simple Stupid, is always a good bet!

Back