Glycol (no fridge) keg and draft system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metzen

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to find a draft beer system that I can install in an awkward space that won’t fit a kegerator or fridge. I am thinking a glycol chiller (not just beer line cooling but keg and line chilling) is my only option.

We recently bought a new house with some quirks. Next to our kitchen fridge, there is an 18” wide wall. There is a small pipe running vertically down the left side but nothing in the middle of the wall and nothing behind the wall (clearly the builder got lazy with the design of the plumbing placement). The space behind the wall is a 15”x23” (open to the space for the fridge) that goes all the way up to the ceiling. Ideally, we would like to install a wall mounted draft (2 tap) system, but there’s no way we’re getting a kegerator or small fridge back there that would fit a couple corny kegs.

View attachment IMG_1509212508.040651.jpg

View attachment IMG_1509212590.195577.jpg

I use a DIY glycol system for fermentation and could likely build something similar for this, but I’m wondering if anyone is aware of a pre-built system or some other solution that might work. I’d prefer not to have to build this one myself.

The idea is to install an access door at the bottom of the wall for switching out kegs, etc. Kegs (with a chilling jacket) and beer line would be glycol cooled. The taps would be mounted above the access door in the wall. We could then throw the chiller (if I can find one that fits), kegs, and CO2 behind the wall. I might have to get creative with shelves to make it all fit and accessible.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
M

You can get a 15" wide built-in kegerator (I think they are 15" x 24") that might fit perfectly in that space. It should be shallow enough without a handle where you could hide the door with a false front that would blend into the upper part of the wall when closed if you still wanted a wall mount tap. Only holds one sixtel at a time, though.

Back