getting very tastey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undrtker66

Reaction score
:mug:tasted my beer again today.......10 days in fermenter.......starting to tase realy good but still a little cloudy.....

Be patient it needs more time. If you were diligent with your sanitation it'll be just fine. Try to limit tastings to when you're moving the beer from one container to another. E.g. secondary fermenter, bottling bucket and so on. You don't want to open the fermenter and risk your beer getting any wild yeasts in it any more than you have to, and in those cases you're going to be opening it anyway. Not to mention any unfinished beer you drink now, won't be finished beer later!

On another note I'm glad its turning out well and congrats on getting into homebrewing!

I was like that with my first batch. Just brewed my third on Sunday. In a few weeks I will have a nice pipeline going. Hopefully that will ease the urge to constantly "check" on my beers lol.

well just to set things straight......i am using a mr. beer kit and all i have to do is hit the tap and don't have to open the top of the fermenter so ....and i only take a shot glass full just enough to taste....

I never taste the beer anymore until its been in the bottle for about a week. The few times I did, I thought it was gross, but when it was all said and done, it was great. Its hard to judge a beer by its primary.

If you are drawing from a tap then you may be getting some of the yeast that has settled.
Let the next sample sit for a while to see if it clears then that may solve your cloudiness, if not, who cares it tastes good and that is all that matters!!

Latest posts

Back