Getting into kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my quad-Brew Logic from Midwest last Saturday. Very nice setup for the $$$, and while I'm not 100% happy with the dial on the regulator, it just took some time to dial it in to where I want it. I toyed with the idea of buying that exact setup for a while, but wanted more (as always...). Having the ability to dial in two separate pressures will be nice.

:)

I received my quad-Brew Logic from Midwest last Saturday. Very nice setup for the $$$, and while I'm not 100% happy with the dial on the regulator, it just took some time to dial it in to where I want it. I toyed with the idea of buying that exact setup for a while, but wanted more (as always...). Having the ability to dial in two separate pressures will be nice.

:)

+1 to the dual pressure. Considering I'll have one root beer and one beer beer keg. Then some bottles. I only have room for 2 kegs.

I also got 2 ro-ring kits and keg lube.

Congratulations. Better start looking now for more kegs because you'd be surprised how short of a time it is before you are saying, "I need more kegs".

Enjoy!

Pick up bulk rings from McMaster-Carr.

I got the exact same thing and I love my system. I did end up getting more kegs to fill up the keezer then have more in waiting for when I kick a keg I have another one ready

Thanks Midwest for sending me home with an EMPTY TANK after I asked if it was full. "yep, it's all good to go." Nope. No it's not, you need CO2 in their smartguy....

Congratulations. Better start looking now for more kegs because you'd be surprised how short of a time it is before you are saying, "I need more kegs".

Enjoy!

Pick up bulk rings from McMaster-Carr.

Yes, that is true, I now have 12. :tank:

I wish I could fill one...see my post above yours....:mad:

Yeah, that does suck, but you can't ship compressed gas by most shipping companies, I am surprised they do not state the word "Empty" on their site.

I know how you feel, I want things to work right out of the box too.

Yeah, that does suck, but you can't ship compressed gas by most shipping companies, I am surprised they do not state the word "Empty" on their site.

I know how you feel, I want things to work right out of the box too.

No shipping involved, my friend, I live 15 miles away. It was in person. There is a reason I go to Northern Brewer for most of my things...but I guess Midwest is cheaper for a reason...:(

Ok, so not empty, but the valve to open the flow of CO2 at the top of the tank was stuck. A really hard turn with a little help got her unlocked and up and running.

sitting @ 34 @ 10psi.

I got my 4 keg system up at the end of this past summer. Now I'm at the "I need more kegs" phase since I have 2 IPAs ready to be kegged but no empty kegs... guess it's time to do some drinking after work. Ideally I think I would have 8 kegs for my keezer that holds 4 plus 1 on the hump so I'lve got a pipeline ready to go. Then just treat the kegs as secondaries for longer storage when the keezer is full.

Congrats! If you think "upgrading to kegging only cost me $200" think again. Next is the home-build of a keezer, but that is also super-fun. :)

Now I just have some work on the fridge to do so I can fit more in there.

What's the best materials to build a new bottom for the inside of the fridge? Wood? PVC? The cripser drawers won't hold the weights, and the bottom of the fridge slants up in the back.

Now I just have some work on the fridge to do so I can fit more in there.

What's the best materials to build a new bottom for the inside of the fridge? Wood? PVC? The cripser drawers won't hold the weights, and the bottom of the fridge slants up in the back.

I built a plywood platform with three 2x2 legs in front. It matches the height of the hump in the back so it's all level. . There's space under the platform for pint jars of yeast and other "stuff". Cheers!!!

I built a plywood platform with three 2x2 legs in front. It matches the height of the hump in the back so it's all level. . There's space under the platform for pint jars of yeast and other "stuff". Cheers!!!

perfect. and simple.

Back